Monday, January 28, 2008

He will be remebered

The world has lost a great man last night....what a shock but shouldn't of been. President Hinckley was 97 years old and for some reason he seemed he could go on forever! There was no warning he was sick or ill. He just passed due to old age. The last conference he seems so healthy and vibrant to me. He will be missed but needed to move on: to be with his beloved wife and serve God in Heaven. To me he was an example of how I need to be in my elderly years.....serve always in any calling you are asked, no matter what it is ,don't use age as an excuse not to do it. Always stand as a testimony of Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. Be happy with what you have. Be valiant in your choices and obey His commandments. Just so many things I will strive to better myself because of his great example in life. I rejoice in his life, he lived it very well!!! I just hope I can do the very same thing. Rhonda

3 comments:

erin said...

He really was a super example. Great tribute.

Love the new look, Rhonda!

jen said...

He will be greatly missed but I'm sure he is loving it right now along side his wife. Love the new background. I think the picture is awesome. love ya

shauna said...

What a great tribute to President Hinckley. I love that picture, Mom. Can I get a copy?