Sunday, January 4, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Another year......it seems surreal 2009 whatever happened to 2008!! It was a great year. My husband and I also celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary and where did all those years go? We spend our anniversary finishing up putting Christmas decorations away (after going thou and getting rid of broken and old decorations) and really cleaning up and organizing our basement family room. We got rid of 20 years if junk and it feels good. I told my husband we now have to clean up the garage like we have cleaned up the basement. That is our new years resolution!

I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas! Santa was more than generous at our home. The best part were the games we played from day in and day out for 4 days after. My daughter in law Breianne was a little frustrated the voice volume or arguments expressed from everyone; but need I say anymore it is a Barnes playing games and they are competitive!!!! They are out to win! They are out for BLOOD! It was fun!

I only wish all my children and grandchildren could of been with us but it is hard when they live far away. My children need to know that is why I need pictures of their kids of thing they do and their growth and changes. I was looking at my daughter-in -law Erin's blog and couldn't believe how Eli has grown so much! He will be 6 feet by the time I see him again.

Time does get away from us and now in my 60's I try to get the most out of each and every day I have! I will strive harder to keep in touch with my grandchildren far away so they know who I AM and their GRANDFATHER is, that we love them and they are of great importance in our life. We are excited of our first family reunion in Oregon Coast what a time to get together and play and love.

Have a great New Year!!! love always Mom

2 comments:

Rhonda Barnes said...

My husband says it isn't our first family reunion but it is our offical far away first! Rhonda

oh, I don't mean to offend Breianne but it is just an example how loud our games get all in fun! Rhonda

erin said...

The first time I ever played games with them I was sure things were gonna get physical!

I can't believe that Eli is so big! I try and explain to him how expensive clothes are and how he needs to stop growing for a while but he is soooo not listening!

We are super excited about August. I think Eli starts school that Thursday but he is just gonna have to miss the first two days. Who starts a new school year on a Thursday anyway!?!