Monday, August 25, 2008

GARBAGE DAY.....



Monday night chore is putting out the garbage for the morning pick up. I think I am the only one on the block who has more than one can. This picture looks good....most of the time we have 4 to 5 cans in all. It amazes me, all our 6 kids are gone and we still have this much garbage. (You should see it when some of the kids come home with their kids for a visit......garbage overload.) There are times in the fall when we have lots of leaves and bags and bags of garbage. We have so much the garbage man leave some behind, to my total embarrassment!
The most embarrassing part is when the other neighbors, like next door, have one plastic bag full or down the street one can. We are talking about a neighborhood now whose kids have grown and gone. What a person to do. I have even tried to have only one can and that only happens when we are gone for the weekend.

Oh well, not much to do but admit I am a garbage junkie.....at least it gives the garbage men something to look forward to or ...talk about!

1 comment:

shauna said...

Speaking of garbage... Everyone else on our street is on an alley, meaning they just leave their trash cans in the alley for the garbage collectors to pick up. I'm the only one who actually has to put their cans in full view of everyone. While I generally only have two to three--still, I'm the only one with their trash on display. It's no fun...